Garage Sales 101
Despite sites like eBay, KSL, and Craigslist, the old-fashioned garage sale remains a tried-and-true way to discard of unwanted goods. Here are a few garage sale tips to get you started:
- Take inventory of everything and organize it by category. This will make shopping easier for buyers.
- Clean and fix what you can – or state clearly that something isn’t in working order.
- Price all items knowing that people go to garage sales looking for bargains.
- Indicate that you are willing to negotiate.
- If you’re emotionally attached to something and may be insulted by a low-ball offer, leave it inside!